Thursday, December 25, 2014

I Believe I Was Wrong














vest: vintage (loving this one) // pants: gap (here) // coat: karlie (similar here) // shoes: shoemint (similar here) // necklaces: vintage chanel and stella & dot
photos by common dove photography

Being a 26 year old mother going through a divorce is pretty much a learning game…..a painful, annoying, rewarding learning game. Being able to admit when I'm wrong has definitely been a learned quality over the last several months.  A couple of weeks ago I thought I had all of the answers….I thought I was doing ok and that it was time for my "walls" to come down…..boy was I wrong. 

Sitting on a freezing cold beach a couple of days ago I had an epiphany…… the answer is….I DON'T have to have all of the answers right now, in fact, I don't need any answers right now. I  just need to get through the day and make sure my son is happy and taken care of. Outside of that is beyond my control. Putting walls up isn't always a bad thing, it actually helps to keep you grounded. Its alright to have your head in the clouds….as long as your feet are firmly on the ground.

One thing I realized is that I am not ok right now………..and that's totally ok :)

2 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous and I will cross my fingers for you and you son to be happy ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been through an excruciatingly painful divorce- my ex husband is a drug addict. We have two kids. I am happy to say that in time, I fell in love again, married, and we have a son together. The road to get where I am was definitely rocky, but I have a close to perfect husband who adores me and my children. I know that finding happiness again, and a husband who adores me, is a reward from God for all that I endured. There is no way to get through the bad times, except to just go through them. But I promise, you will find happiness again. And you will one day look back on this time in your life and Thank God for the lesson. I have written a little on my journey on my blog if you ever want to read it. http://sweetparrishplace.blogspot.com/p/living-with-addiction.html

    ReplyDelete