Friday, January 3, 2014

New & Blue









jacket: gap (similar here) // jeans: 3.1 phillip lim (loving this pair) // shoes: shoemint (similar here) // sunnies: ray ban (available here) // necklace: tiffany & co (available here) // bracelet: stella & dot 
I'm not one to quote country music stars…but this quote hit me like a ton of bricks on New Year's day "Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one"…damn Brad Paisley, you led me to ponder what makes a good read? If something interesting isn't happening on every page of a book then usually you just get bored and stop reading. Why isn't life more like that? Why have I not been treating every day as if it were a blank page that I needed to fill with at least ONE interesting or new thing? Well you bet your ass this year is going to be different. I'm trying one new thing EVERY single day….be it a new recipe, a new shape or silhouette in my clothes or just going to a new place. Its going to be documented right here to make sure I'm following through…….its going to be one good year :)

Day 1: tried new Blackeyed Pea chili recipe

Day 2: tested out the wrapping ankle straps around pants thing…..kinda lurve it & tried Goat Cheese Caprese Salad (instead of with the usual mozzarella…..nom to the nom

8 comments:

  1. That is a great idea Brooke! wish I could try it with you but it seems to draining for me to have to think of something new every day..how pathetic right? But I am inspired..thank you. I am also reading this snowed in and stir crazy so my mind frame could have a lot to do with it. Anyway, very cool and different rocker look for you..you look sooooooooooo skinny!
    Shereee xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you trying new things! Love the ankle strap on the outside of your pants.
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look and fabulous idea!
    xx,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lovee the quote and might just give it a go myself! Hope you sucseed darl! And your denim on denim is gorgeouss! Lovely post and Happy New Year!xo

    stylegrande.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look darling ! been a while i didn't come here !


    Kisses
    Hannah

    Elegantesque Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is head to toe denim bliss! Love the details on those jeans. RADDDDDDDD Look ;)

    xo,
    miranda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea that quote was actually a lyric to a country song! I've seen it everywhere, loved it and been sharing it to my hearts content. Day 6: learned origins of fav quote!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love denim on denim, and these jeans are just so unique! Also love your resolution to try one new thing everyday. Might have to incorporate that into my year as well!

    xx,
    http://themarcystop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete